Go To Autumn/Winter Eyeshadow

Sunday, December 03, 2017



For the last few months, I’ve low key been quite unmotivated makeup wise. Weirdly, I think it’s just because I’ve been settling into a new lifestyle and routines with moving to a new city and having so many aspects of life change. For instance, I used to always wear makeup to work, whereas now I can’t remember the last time I actually did. I only really wear makeup if I’m going out out – partially because it all runs out at the same time and ya girls too skint to buy so much makeup at once.
Despite that, I do still love makeup and enjoy wearing it more than ever. I like contrasting between simple, natural looks, bold wings, focusing on my skin and especially eyeshadow looks.
Over the last few months, I’ve found myself constantly going to the same colours when I want to make a bit more of an effort but still look pretty casual in terms of eyeshadow.
Even on nights out, this look is so easy to glam up by adding glitter, liner or fake eyelashes – it really is my go to eyeshadow, and only consists of 5 shades.
To do this look, I use the Morphe 35O palette and that’s it. Which is even better as I’m able to have a look using one palette as opposed to tons of different palettes.
The look is quite autumnal and uses pretty basic colours, but you end up with a pretty, gradient look – not too bright or dark.



Step 1:
Start off with a primer/concealer all over your eyelid and set it with a white eyeshadow or translucent power. Depending on how casual or glam I want the look to be, I might skip this step out if I want the eyeshadow to look more casual.
Step 2:
Lightly go into your crease and above with shades 1 and 2. They’re the lighter, orange shades that will help with the gradient effect that’s happening on the eye lid. I use both shades at the same time on the same brush and blend them into the crease and above. The colours are also really buildable so keep applying more product for more pigmented colour, but keep blending it out as well at the edges.
Step 3:
Next, go into the crease with shades 3 and 4, again using both colours at the same time with the same brush. It’s important on this part to not go in too heavy handed or with much shadow at once as you really want these to blend well with the first orange, transition colours. I like to build these colours up quite a lot as I really want the red to show just above the darkest shade that goes all over the lid.
Step 4:
Then you want to get a flat brush and apply shade 5 all over your lid. As simple as that. I’ll also build this shade up a lot, but remember to keep going back into the crease and blending it in with the previous red and orange shades.
Step 5:
As a few final steps, I’ll apply the darkest shade to my lower lash line and blend it out with one of the first orange shades. Also, I’ll blend out the edges with clean blending brush to make sure there’s no harsh edges.



And that’s it, the easiest go to eyeshadow look. It’s so easy to interpret other techniques/looks into this one look to make it different. But as a basic, starter look it’s a really good look to get better at simple blending and building.
Anyway, I’m hopefully going to start posting more makeup looks/reviews soon so keep a look out and let me know any posts you’d like to see!
Thanks for reading!
Phoebe

X

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Follow