Everyday Makeup Routine

Wednesday, January 27, 2016




Before I start this blog post, in no way shape or form am I a pro at beauty related stuff - especially, makeup. I mean, I really really enjoy watching makeup tutorials and wearing makeup but I'm not reaaaally good at it haha. I love love love buying new products, but I don't tend to buy them very often (partially because I never have any money lol). However, I do have my favourite products that I wear on a day to day basis. Which is why I decided to finally share my Everyday Makeup Routine - not that it's anything special (the selfie above is how this makeup routine looks on me lol shameless selfie promo haha) but for a simple, light, warm makeup routine, read on...

1. Foundation | Maybelline Fit Me Foundation | Shade 210


As I have really oily skin and I do my skin routine at night, I don't really have a morning skin routine - I probably should but waking up at 6am everyone morning means it's not the number 1 thing on my to do list. Therefore, I simply start with my foundation. I apply a pump or two to my middle finger and then apply the foundation on my cheeks, nose and chin. I don't put foundation on my forehead because, my forehead is kinda slightly darker than the rest of my face. It's really weird to explain but I just don't lol and my forehead is dryer than the rest of my face so it gets patchy throughout the day.

I buff the foundation into my skin using my Real Techniques Buffing Brush. This brush is AMAZING. I've always struggled with makeup brushes and knowing what's the best. I HATE the feeling of foundation being painted on my face and just sitting there, so the buffing brush is amazing. I recently bought some new kabuki bruhses so I'll definitely be using them more and hopefully I'll do a review on them!
This is a light coverage foundation so if you want more coverage, with this simply apply more foundation. I don't tend to use a lot as I prefer light foundation opposed to heavy, full coverage.


2. Concealer | Maybelline Super Stay 24 Hour |


I only recently discovered this concealer and I really like it so far. It's a shade lighter than my foundation but works really well with my skin colour and foundation. I kinda dab this into my skin with the same buffing brush, opposed to buffing/brushing it in. I feel like if I buff it in, it doesn't really work as well in terms of coverage. The only issue I have with this product is that I kinda feel like it makes my skin look dry - this is probably because I don't always blend it in properly haha. But other than that it is really good!





3. Powder | Collection Translucent Powder


After applying my foundation and concealer, I apply my Collection Translucent Powder with a huge fluffy brush all over where I applied the previous makeup. I've never really tried a powder that isn't translucent - I feel that because I always find it difficult to find the right shade foundation, the shade of powder is also difficult. I also prefer translucent powder as it easily helps my foundation stay on as well as helps keep the colour of my foundation.


4. Contour | Benefit Hoola Bronzer


Oh my LORD! This bronzer is literally one of my favourite makeup products.  The dark/medium shade of brown it is is PERFECT for my skin tone in the fact it's not too orange and is such a warm colour. I apply this just below my cheek bones, in the hollow of my cheeks. I blend it quite a lot rather than leaving a clear line as I prefer it to look natural if that makes sense.








5. Eyebrows | Primark Eyebrow Pencil


YES A PRIMARK EYEBROW PENCIL! A lot of people look down on primark, I don't know why considering it's cheap and some of the stuff is really good (I'm not talking about the emoji rain coats lmao). I bought this eyebrow pencil when I first started caring for my brows. I was just starting out - I'm not going to dive right into the deep end and buy a £20 eyebrow kit. I also LOVE my natural brows and don't feel the need to do any extremes to them. After using the brow pencil for a while I realised I love the simplicity of it and it would be my usual brow pencil!
First I brush out my brows with the brush side of the pencil. Then I shade in my brows just a little using the pencil. I brush the product through my brow so that its evenly distributed and looks hella good. When I do this, it smudges ALOT around my brow so I'll go around the edge of my brow with a makeup wipe or a cotton bud. This makes the brows look fresh as fuck and leaves you with clean, amazing looking brows!

6. Mascara | Maybelline


When it comes to mascara, I don't tend to wear this often at all! I've seriously started only wearing mascara to special occasions. The fact that I'm always tires and always rub my eyes is a good thing I don't wear mascara lol. Despite this, the mascara currently in my makeup bag is my Maybelline New York Lash Sensational Mascara. I LOVE Maybelline mascara - well Maybelline products all together as you can tell lol. This mascara adds a lot of length to your lashes which I absolutely love!



And that is all my Everyday Makeup consists of. It's nothing special but I love makeup routines like this that are simply yet add a lil warm glow to your look!
I hope you enjoyed my first makeup post and I really hope to start doing more in the future!
Let me know any of your favourite makeup products! Especially any for olive/tan skin tones, I find it difficult to find makeup that's really good for mixed skin tones and I'd love to find more!
Thanks for reading!
Phoebe
X

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Love this post! I've heard that Bobbi Brown is quite good for warm skin tones so if you were fancying something as a splurge item you could check them out? Also, I have major brow envy right now, they are so nice! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh I'll definitely look into Bobbi Brown products! & Thank you so much!!! You're too nice ahah xx

      Delete

Popular Posts

Follow