February & March Favourites

Tuesday, April 05, 2016



I love writing blog posts. As much as it takes me 2837282 years to upload one because of my somewhat busy, not busy life. You know what I mean? I'm busy with college and work but at the same time I'm not. Weird. Anyway, due to my lack of buying anything really new during February I didn't upload a February favourites. I had about 2 products I could've wrote about, but even then I hadn't had them long and couldn't give legitimate reviews/as to why they're my monthly favourites. But now, I've FINALLY got round to consecutively using certain products and seeing whether or not they'll make it into my Feb/March favourite (not that it's very difficult too, I'm easily pleased haha). 

I've decided to combine the few favourites I had from February, with some of the favourites I've had from March! That way I'm giving a somewhat lengthy blog post to make up for the time I haven't posted! Seriously I was so pissed at myself for not uploading in the Easter holidays but I was exhausted and needed a break! So now my breaks over and I'm feeling somewhat more motivated, here are a few of my February & March Favourites!

NYX Matte Lip Cream
Abu Dhabi 
This lip cream is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Now, I've tried a couple matte lipsticks and I've had my fair share of favourites and ones I know I won't necessarily use again. But this lip cream is a dream! The formula is so creamy (hence the "lip cream") and it feels so soft on your lips - for me it kinda feels like there's not really anything there, just that my lips are feeling a lil moisturised. It doesn't tend to dry out my lips or crack like a lot of matte lipsticks do. This colour in particular (Abu Dhabi) is a really natural, dusk pink colour that adds a little bit of colour to my lips which I love! It makes me feel good without being too much! 

NYX Matte Lipstick
Butter 
Whilst ordering Abu Dhabi, I thought I might as well make an additional cheeky purchase of another lip product. Mostly because I wanted a brown matte lipstick, but I wasn't too sure what they'd look like when on myself! So I brought this browner lipstick along with Abu Dhabi. Now this lipstick is gorgeous and I absolutely love it! It's a brownish grey kind of colour and looks beautiful! The application isn't as smooth as the lip cream but that's expected because it is a lipstick, but having said this, it isn't a bad application at all! The formula is still quite creamy. Although I wanted a brown lipstick, this was somewhat too grey on its own for me. So I decided to apply Butter and then apply Abu Dhabi on top and LORD THE COLOUR IS BEAUTIFUL!! Let me insert a quick selfie to show you what it looks like -





GORGEOUS RIGHT?!?! I honestly found the dream colour and I couldn't be more happy with it. It's such a natural brown lip which is what I've been looking for, for SO long! If it wasn't already obvious, I was MORE than happy with both my NYX lip products and I definitely want to purchase more from the brand!


Victoria Secret Fragrance Mist
Aqua Kiss 
I absolutely love having a nice smelling perfume or some kind of body mist! I sometimes find it so difficult to find fragrances that actually last a long time. I mean, why do guys aftershave last a decade yet women's perfume barely lasts 2 minutes!! I recently bought this Victoria Secret body mist, after contemplating for so long whether to buy Pure Seduction or not, I figured it was too sweet whereas this one is quite fresh. It's kinda sweet but has a more fresh, summery scent to it opposed to being really heavy, sweet and overbearing. Also, the bottle lasts so long!!! I've only had it since February but to say I use it a lot and I still have over half the bottle left - I'd say it's definitely worth it!!

Makeup Revolution 
I Heart Chocolate Palette 
Wow I must mention a Revolution product in every single blog post I've wrote for the last couple of weeks. I swear their products never fail to amaze me. I'd wanted the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette for some time but I really didn't fancy paying £40 for it so I started looking for some dupes and found this. It's is so alike to the Too Faced palette it's amazing!! The colours and pigment are incredible and beauty to apply. I honestly cannot fault this palette. From the scent to the shimmer on my eyes, it's definitely my favourite palette right now! I do have a blog post coming soon of a cute little Spring make up look so keep a look out for that ;) 

Makeup Revolution Pro Fix Oil Control Fixing Spray 
Once again a Revolution product that is one of my absolute faves at the minute! As I've mentioned before, I never used to be huge on makeup - a little mascara and concealer and I was good to go! But now I'm investing a little more into more products and I'm not regretting it one bit. My face is SO unbelievably oily and tends to look greasy and sweaty very easily. So I thought I'd try out this setting spray and LORD I love it!! My makeup stays on ALL DAY! I worked a 9 hour shift the other day, 12-9 and my makeup was still intact after a busy as hell shift! Now that is what I call incredible. I can't compare it to bigger brand setting sprays but for a product that's £5 and works that well, it's definitely something I'll be purchasing again! 

PS I Still Love You
As you may or may not know, I'm a HUGE book nerd. I would read all day, everyday if I had the choice. I don't think it's something many people know about me but reading is kind of like an escape for me. I could read and just forget about everything around me. Which is what happened when reading "PS I Still Love You" by Jenny Han. This series is my all time favourite book series. Although there are only 2 books in the series so far, I could read both books a thousand times over and still want to read it again. I went through a phase of reading a lot of John Green books and as you might know, they're pretty deep. I needed a break. Something fun to read, but something mature but not mature. And then I found "To All The Boys I've Loved Before" on a shelf in Asda. After reading that I fell in love with Jenny Han's writing and couldn't wait to get my hands on PS I Still Love You. Sadly, I did have to wait until I had a job and some money to purchase it. So when I bought this the other week, I put it aside whilst I had a couple mocks at college and was focusing on them. But one day in the Easter Holidays when I had no work and no college I opened the first page and began reading. I ended up finishing the book in a day and didn't regret it one bit. I fell in love with Jenny's writing all over again. So if you're looking for a book about a teenage girl and her somewhat confusing, beautiful love life, I definitely recommend reading this series! PS. Jenny Han if you ever end up reading this, PLEASE SAY THERE'S ANOTHER BOOK TO COME!!!

Bio Oil
This probably sounds really weird but after kicking myself up the arse for letting my skin get bad I bought A LOT of skin products and got to work (I'll do a separate blog post on my updated skin routine). I've seen tons of reviews about how good bio oil is but I've never actually bought it myself to see how it works. I have a lot of pigmentation marks on my skin where I have loads of patches all over my body that are a darker colour to my natural skin colour. I've always felt somewhat insecure about these as I feel like they're so obvious to anybody who sees me, because I have a lot on my neck. So, I used bio oil on a lot of these patches on my chest and neck. I kid you not, the next day they'd already began clearing up. I have no idea how it worked SO well but the results have honestly been incredible and I curse myself for not getting it any sooner. I'm still using it on my chest to get rid of the patches as much as I can. I'm also using bio oil on my face to help get rid of acne scars I have because I hate them with a real passion. I 100% recommend bio oil for anybody with dry patches on their skin or anything of that sort (I'm not 100% sure about what the different pigmentation is on my skin but my mums adamant that it's just pigmentation but lord knows). 

Eyeshadow brushes 
Amazon I'm always looking for bargains and absolutely LOVE when I find a good one. I've been really into eye shadow lately and thought I'd take a look into buying a cheap set just to start out with. I bought some from Amazon and I love them. They're so simple and easy to use. The set I bought includes eye shadow brushes, foundation brush, eyebrow brush and so so many others (even a brush to contour your nose!?). I got them for under £5 and I seriously recommend looking on Amazon or eBay if your a beginner and just getting into makeup because they're so simply and good quality to say how cheap they are! 




Silk Scrunchies 
I've done a whole lot of research on black hair in the last few weeks due to the fact I'm trying to get my hair back to being healthy. I've done so much with my hair and it's really not been in the best condition as of before the last few weeks. One thing in particular was being careful about the things I use to tie up my hair or even down to what I dry it with. So, I bought a couple silk Scrunchies after FINALLY finding some in Sainsbury's and have been using them to tie my hair up. Although I can't tell if these alone have made a huge difference but it's definitely contributed to getting my hair healthy again. I recommend these if you have hair similar to mine (Afro hair) as its not as rough on the hair as hair bands or cotton Scrunchies may be. 
I'll do a way more in depth blog post on my hair soon as there's so so much I could talk about!!

That's all I have today about my favourites from the last couple of months. Again, I do wish there was more but I don't buy a whole lot of stuff that is worth doing a favourites post on so I'm just trying to post my absolute favourites in a good quality post! Also, there were some things I wanted to write about in this but then I realised I can do a separate blog post on them all together that'll be in a lot mor detail! 
Anyway I hope you've enjoyed reading this blog post! Let me know in the comments below some of your favourite products from the last month or any of your recommendations! If you try anything I've recommended above, let me know how it's been for you! 
Thanks for reading! 
Phoebe 
X

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Follow